- What is Mediation?
In simplest terms, mediation is a process whereby a neutral 3rd party mediator is employed to facilitate negotiations between parties
in conflict and to help these parties to resolve issues and reach agreement.
Benefits of Mediation specifically include:
sessions are entirely confidential. This encourages full transparency and
trust between the parties. This means the details of
what is said, proposed, negotiated or offered between the parties
during mediation proceedings cannot be used as evidence in a
future court proceeding.
Cost Effectiveness: resolving
your dispute by way of mediation saves exorbitant litigation costs as well
as the mental, emotional, and even a physical toll that litigation indelibly
leaves on it's participants.
Control of Outcome:
Rather than leaving the outcome of your dispute in the hands
of a judge or jury, you determine the resolution. Mediation
provides you with a unique opportunity to "have your day in court -
without entering the courtroon" by working with a mediator who is actively
engaged in resolving conflict and crafting a "party-made" resolution for
the best outcome to the dispute.
Resolve Your Dispute Now!
Mr. Peterson is available to mediate your dispute, whether your matter
is already in litigation or a conflict that needs resolution. If you
wish to schedule a mediation with Mr. Peterson,
please call his office at (805) 591-7161.
- Mediator Rates for Brent D. Peterson:
Civil Matter Rates
Half Day Mediation Rate: $1,650.00 (minimum)
(*includes up to 4 hours of mediation, preparation, and review of briefs)
Full Day Mediation Rate: $3,300.00 (minimum)
(*includes up to 8 hours of mediation, preparation, and review of briefs)
*Hourly Rate above any minimum in mediation is billed at $395.00 per hour.
Family Law Rates
2 Hour Mediation Session Rate: $795.00 (minimum)
For Both Civil and Family Mediations
*Hourly Rate above minimum is billed at $395.00 per hour.
- About Brent D. Peterson, Attorney
and Mediator: -
- Adjunct Faculty Member/Lecturer at Law at University of Southern California (USC) Gould School of Law
· LLM and Graduate Certificate in Alternate Dispute Resolution after more than 500 hours of course work and clinical work through USC.
- Mediator in the Los Angeles Superior Court through USC’s partnership with the Center for Conflict Resolution, settling more than 90% of his cases.
- Has conducted more than 85 mediation sessions with a 96% settlement rate.
- LLM from USC’s Gould School of Law with a specialization in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) 
- Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law 
- Bachelor of Arts in French Literature from UC San Diego